Thursday, January 8, 2009
BULLIES
Jalen and his group of friends that he walks home from school with were having some trouble with older kids picking on them. They have some bullies that like to pick on them on the way home from school. They call them names and throw snowballs at them and put snow down their coats and tease them. Jalen had told me about it a couple of times but I guess I didn't think that he seemed too bothered by it. Anyways earlier this week he came home and said that these boys threw some ice at his leg and that it hurt and that they were calling him names and being mean. Well I just told him to ignore them and they would stop. So the next day I kind of had forgotten about it, but I was outside as the kids were coming home from school and instead of the larger group that Jalen walks with it was just him and one other little boy. One of the kids was sick and the others the mom went and got them because of the situation with these mean boys. I saw Jalen walking towards me and I asked him if everything was alright and if he was okay. He just started bawling and said they told me I had an ugly face! It just broke my heart. The poor thing! He was so sad. Well I tried to pick him up the next day, but he wanted to walk and just ignore them. I just slowly followed along in the car and watched. The kids were chasing and throwing snowballs again. I saw one of the dads of Jalens friend tell the kids to knock it off and he got after them. Then today Jalen braved it all alone. His whole group got a ride home, but he wanted to walk. His friends mom got after the bullies today and told them they better stop or she would go talk to the parents. I went and watched him come home and he seemed to be alright. Kids can be so mean. It is sad! I just try to use it as a teaching moment. I just hope that he doesn't ever treat anyone like that. Now I know I am biast, but how could anyone call this cute, sweet face ugly??? Later on that night it was so cute. Jalen said to me mom those boys were lying. I said what did they say? He said remember they said I had an ugly face. They sure were lying!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh, that breaks my heart too! I hate it when kids are mean to my kids, our when they get left out, it's hard to be a kid! Jalen is way cute, I want to go white wash those mean kids!
doesn't it just fire you up when you hear stuff like that. i dropped kade off at the bus stop this morning and asked him if the big kids were nice or mean. he said they were nice. i sure hope so. --the other kids are just probably jealous of how cute jalen is and knows that he is sooo loved and want that from their parents. i have to give him kudos for walking home all by himself and not letting those kids get the better of him! way to go!
The poor thing. It is so hard to be a kid, but even harder to be a parent. I'd go kick some butt:) Just kidding, I'd never dare to do that. I'm glad that Jalen has enough self esteem to know that they were lying. You must do a good job in making him feel loved.
Post a Comment