Monday, October 20, 2008

The Long Weekend

My boys have been out of school for a long weekend. They had fall break. So they were out Thursday, Friday, and Today. We did some fun things while they were out. Thursday we met my sister Emily and her baby Kaden for lunch. Then we planned to go to see the witches at Gardener Village afterwards. Well seems everyone was going to see them also. It was so busy we didn't think that we would even be able to get in and park let alone see any witches. So we decided to go to the park instead since it was really a nice day. Jalen was very sad. He really wanted to see the witches. I felt bad because we had been talking about it for days. After we went to the park we went for ice cream. Then after my sister and I split up and I was on my way back to Lehi I decided to drive back past Gardener Village to see if it had calmed down yet. It wasn't quite as busy and so I decided to take them to see the withches. Of course I had forgotten my camera and so I didn't get to take any pictures. The boys had fun though. They had a scavenger hunt of all the witches you had to find and so they liked finding the witches and checking it off the list. Then I let them take a pony ride while we were there.
Tonight for family night we made haunted houses. The boys loved it. They had a fun time decorating them.

Here they are just getting started.


Here is Jalen doing a candy corn roof.

Here is Landon tweaking his neck to get a piece on.

Here is Jalens finished.


Here is Landons finished. He really didn't hold back.

3 comments:

Josh said...

I love making haunted houses. What a fun mom you are. We have done a whole lot of nothing. I am so bored. I miss Lehi and especially running. I never thought I'd ever say that but I really miss it. I'm feeling so out of sorts.

amanda said...

Oops! I just noticed that my brother was signed in on my dad's computer. It is me, Amanda.

Sarah said...

What a cute idea. I don't think my boys would last 5 minutes at gardner village...you're brave. Also very brave with those messy haunted houses...but they do look fun!